Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NYSEF SJ/NC Exclusive: NH ski jumper saves a life!

NH master's jumper Dr. John Conley saves an 86 year old woman who drove her Buick into a lake. John witnessed the driver exit a Dunkin Donuts and promptly drive into a lake. According to John who happened to be kayaking nearby:

"I smashed the back window with a leatherman tool which was worthless, because she was sitting in the front seat! I went around, and the driver's side window was open! I could see her in there, and I couldn't get her out. On the third time down, I had her by the arm and got her out .... It was an episode of Mythbusters where they tested the myth where you can't open the door where the car is sinking, and that's true. "



Moral of the story? Quick acting, fast twitch ski jumpers can save lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment